Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Please allow me to re-introduce myself

After a longtime absence from the blogosphere, I have made my triumphant return here to the You Ought to Hear This Blog started by my good friend Robert Cliatt. I am no stranger to blogspot blogs, as for many years myself and the Hartzell Brothers ran the We Know Footy and Stop Calling It Soccer blogs (click my profile to see the links to these), blogs about global football (no, not pigskin). With this blog, I hope to enlighten you all on one of my other passions, music. Myself, Robert, and some of our other friends will be contributing here (Robert's off to a nice head start), and we hope to share our musical interests, experiences at the many shows we have been to (hit Bonnaroo, Lollapalooza, and Music Midtown this past year), and maybe even review an album or two (again, Robert with the head start).

The first thing I would like to post here is a video from a concert I attended at the Georgia Theatre in Athens, GA in the fall of 2011. As I was looking through some old files on my computer, I found a bunch of the old video's I have taken from concerts over the past few years. This one is from Australian Electronic band Cut Copy. The song is Lights and Music from their 2008 album In Ghost Colours. I hope you all enjoy, and this will be the first in a series of posts that will have a new video up each week.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment