Monday, February 4, 2013

Big Gigantic at The Tabernacle Atlanta 02/01/13... Blown Away

So last Friday night marked the beginning of February. It also marked a concert that by the end of the year very well could be in my top 5 for concerts of 2013: Big Gigantic. Now, myself and the other contributors on this blog had the chance to see them at Bonnaroo last year, but unfortunately some of us (not me) elected to go see Alabama Shakes instead, which was just awful. We walked by Big G's set up and stuck around for a song or two and I immediately knew I had to catch them soon. I had another opportunity to see them in Athens on December 1st of last year, but unfortunately the show sold out and that was the night of the SEC Championship game (sigh). Anyway, I finally got to see them Friday night and it was unbelievable. The combination of saxaphone with dubstep beats and a live drummer is really something I've never seen and it comes together so well. They also do a fantastic job of mixing in drops and builds throughout every song and the concert as a whole had a great flow. Another great thing about seeing Big Gigantic live is that their light shows are amazing...
I really liked the incorporation of the Pac-Man ghosts onto the LED boards when they played their song "Sky High." Unfortunately, as I am still relatively new to Big Gigantic, and no one has put the setlist up on setlist.fm yet (they really don't have a lot of setlist info out there), some of the videos I'm posting here don't have definite titles, because I don't know them. There are some though, such as their remixes of "I Need a Dolla" and "Notorious Thugs", which were both fantastic. Overall, this is one of the best live show experiences I've had and am really looking forward to them coming back this way (hopefully at the Georgia Theatre right here in Athens again). I leave you now with my concert videos, 8 in total. I would suggest watching them on whatever the highest resolution offered is (I think it's 480p), because despite shooting them in HD, to put them on Youtube I had to convert the files to be played on the web). I really like how all these videos came out, but Part 5 is one of the coolest, mainly because of the intensity of the song and the girl dancing on some guys shoulders in the foreground. I also really like the part in the first video where the song transitions to "Sky High" and the LED boards switch to the Pac-Man ghosts...

P.S. Stupid girl that broke the blinking LED wand I got at Lollapalooza, I hope you had a miserable night and may Karma break something of yours soon.

                                                                   Part 1: Sky High
         

Part 2: I Need a Dolla


Part 3: Notorious Thugs


Part 4


Part 5


Part 6


Part 7: End of Set 1 

Part 8: End of the Show



No comments:

Post a Comment