Friday, April 19, 2013

Big Gigantic Live at The Tabernacle Atlanta 04-16-13 (My birthday show)

  So my birthday was April 16th and it just so happened that Big Gigantic was in Atlanta for the Budweiser Made in Atlanta Party. Followers of this blog will remember the post I made for the last time that Big G were in town on February 1st, and this show was just as good if not better. First of all, Budweiser was giving away free beer and food. I was fully prepared to pay for any drinks I was going to consume, but it ended up not being necessary. This was a huge plus and I've gotta give the brewery from St. Louis credit for that. 




In terms of the actual show, GRiZ was the opener, and he was decent. The problem with him is the problem I have with a lot of EDM acts in that it didn't seem like he was doing anything. He had a saxophone that he would play every so often, but it was mostly him just standing there and shouting into a microphone. I spent most of his set just waiting for Big G/going back to the endless free beer. 

After GRiZ wrapped up his set, Big G was soon to follow and they were on fire. After a few of their mainstay songs, they played their new single, a remix of Jay-Z's classic Can I Get A... 


They also played one of my favorite songs off of their most recent album (Nocturnal) called The Beginning of the End



The best part of this show though was at the end when they were coming back out for their encore, the entire crowd broke out in the Tomahawk Chop. It was awesome and they followed it by finishing their show with another song off of Nocturnal called Stronger, which they dedicated to the city of Boston in the wake of the Boston Marathon bombing...

Again, Big Gigantic killed it and they are definitely becoming a band that I will try and see every time they come around; definitely one of the best EDM acts out there right now.   


No comments:

Post a Comment