Thursday, January 17, 2013

Bloc Party almost brought the Tabernacle to the ground last night!

So last night (1-16-13) "B", his wife, and myself made the trek from Athens to check out one of our favorite bands, Bloc Party at the awesome Tabernacle in Atlanta. We had seen them at Lollapalooza, but getting to see a show where they are not constricted by a festival schedule was too good of an opportunity to pass up. The opening act, Io Echo was... interesting, but not a band I will look into further.

When Bloc Party hit the stage, the energy in the building was phenomenal. 5 songs in is when they got to their first really big hit "Banquet":


I was extremely impressed with the band's ability to keep the energy up throughout the entire show. They closed their first set with a slower song, "This Modern Love". They came out for the first Encore on fire and ended it with their hit "Flux" with a special intro cover of a certain very popular Rihanna song...

 For Encore number two, they started with a song they hadn't played 2006 called "Kreuzberg" and then finished with their lead single off their new album Four titled "Octopus" and their most popular song "Helicopter" Overall, this show was phenomenal and they have quickly vaulted up my list of best bands to see live...


P.S. I jumped in my first Circle of Death last night... freakin crazy. It's the British cousin of a mosh pit, so I guess it was the first time I've been in a pit like that in 10 years (the last time was Green Day... lol). Let me also say that at 25, it will probably be my last. 

1 comment: